***I now have a tutorial posted to make this skirt. If you are looking for instructions, please see my tutorial HERE***
This is kind of a “better late than never” post. Ahem. I finally finished this cute skirt that I started for Joanna back at the beginning of February.
It was supposed to be for Valentine’s Day. We obviously missed that deadline!
I got all the rows pieced and sewn together, and then couldn’t decide how I wanted to finish it off. I didn’t want to just hem the bottom, because then that last row would be skinnier than the rest of them. At the same time, adding another row would make it too long.
So I finally decided on a 1″ band at the bottom. Next time I’ll just cut the blocks for that last row about 3/4″ longer, so that I can put in a narrow hem while keeping the blocks the same size as the rest of the skirt.
I’m planning on making her another one that is less holiday-specific, probably in summery colors. I plan on putting together a tutorial for it as well. This is really a very easy skirt to make…it’s just rather time-intensive with all the piecing and gathering.
Putting her baby to bed…